Forum Discussion

3 months ago

bulk upload journal template

I tried to follow the online instruction, it said Go to Setup > Import Customised Forms. but we got nothings. we never have any form before.

So how to I create a format myself to make sure the file will match to our journal field? and also where to find this instructions step by step set up?

I have attached both web version and account right version. 

Can anyone help?

6 Replies

• Hi SherryltqWahl,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Welcome to the Community forum!

From what I understand, you're looking to create an import template for journal entries that you can upload to your file. If that's the case, you would first need to export the file, make the necessary edits, and then import it back as a template. Whenever you need to import journal entries, you can simply open this template, adjust the values as needed, and upload it to AccountRight.

I hope I've understood your situation correctly. If not, please don't hesitate to correct me and provide more details about what you're trying to achieve. I'm here to help.

Cheers,

Princess

SherryltqWahl
      User

Hi Princess,

Thank you for the reply.

I tried to export the file as what you suggested below. however, It will only give me the text file.

When i opened it in excel then it will show me the right column.

if I use my excel as a template, do I save it back to text file? or I save it as CSV or any other particular format will make this work?

gavin12345
        Ultimate User

Hi SherryltqWahl 

When the excel file is ready, you need to save it as a tab delimited file (.txt) or a Comma Separated Values (CSV) file. Provided you map the fields correctly, it should then import into MYOB via the Import/Export Assistant.

The example you have provided is not yet ready. You need to change the display format for amounts so that they show as 3645.00 instead of $3,654.00. The comma here will cause import problems.

Regards

Gavin