Forum Discussion

Samantha1
Contributing User
2 years ago

2 amounts appearing in EOFY finalisation for same employee

Hi,

I've come to do my EOFY payroll finalization for STP - what I've come across is one of our former employees has his name twice in the system.

I did a backup late last year and have read this could be the cause.

please see the attachment, the correct figure that agrees with my MYOB is the $1488 figure the one below doesn't 

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Yanike_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Samantha1 

Thanks for your post. The way STP works is that the YTD amounts are updated each time you send a report. As such, if you restored a backup, made the necessary adjustments, the sent STP report was accepted and you completed the finalisation in the  EOFY finalisation tab, you wouldn't create a new Income Statement. That process would simply update the YTD amounts with the ATO.

If there is two Income Statements I would recommend speaking to the ATO to find out where they have come from. Check how they were lodged, ABN, Company name etc. If you have lodged through different company files you would need to zero out payroll in the incorrect file, then process a $0 pay with payment date of 30 June and finalise through the EOFY finalisation tab.

If you created a new employee card in the restored back up it could also explain the duplication as each employee card is a separate STP record. In order for the old records to be overridden you do need to process the pay using the same employee card. You will need to determine which card has the incorrect information, zero out the amounts in the Pay History and then process a $0 pay with payment date of 30 June 2020. You need to be very careful that you do this for the incorrect employee cards. I would recommend always saving a back up before making any big changes in your company file and before restoring a back up, just in case.

Please let me know if you need further help.