Forum Discussion

King1981
Contributing Cover User
2 years ago

Annual Leave Alert

We are having issues with Annual Leave alerts telling us that there is not enough leave.

It only happens when we pay Leave Loading to a staff member it appears to be including that - so we need to check entitlments each time.  It is not deducted it from the leave it is only deducteds the Annual Leave.

Annual leave is accruing correctly and the deduction of annual leave deducted from the entitlments correctly.

Any ideas guys

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Sam_R
    Former Staff

Hi King1981,

Generally speaking, leave loading is an extra 17.5% on top of an employee's normal wage for the period taken off. That being said, this will usually be set up differently from your Annual leave entitlements, and if this warning message is appearing when hours are entered against it, there is something wrong with the setup. 

If you were to go through each of your Accrual-based entitlements, locate the Linked Wages Category section, open the dropdown, find the Leave Loading item and make sure it is UNTICKED from the list. If a wage item is selected in this section, it will reduce the entitlement balance by any hours paid. 

If you have further queries or require further assistance, please do reach out - happy to help!

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

King1981
      Contributing Cover User

Thanks Sam - I have checked out all of that and it looks fine.  It did only start to happen after a upgrade.

Any further ideas ?

Thanks

Penny

Sam_R
        Former Staff

Hi King1981,

Thanks for letting me know. 

Is your file online? If so, could you please open the software in the browser version and let me know if the leave loading item appears as a linked wage category there at all? Payroll > Pay Items > Leave > open each entitlement listed to see if leave loading is listed under the 'Linked Wage Category' section. 

Let me know if its the same case for the online version too.