Forum Discussion

Geoff-AHI
Trusted Cover User
3 years ago
Solved

Close payroll year

In AccountRight, we've processed our last FY21 payroll and reported to ATO.  We've now recorded our first FY22 payroll and can't report to ATO.

Reports like Entitlements Balance show that FY22 is available but in the Payroll Reporting Centre 2021/22 isn't available.

What step are we missing, please.

• Hi Geoff-AHI 

Thanks for your post. The 2021/2022 payroll year will be available for selection in the Payroll reporting centre from tomorrow (1st July). 

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Geoff-AHI 

Thanks for your post. The 2021/2022 payroll year will be available for selection in the Payroll reporting centre from tomorrow (1st July). 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

PETAY
      Cover User

Good morning, how is the Payroll Year closed now (and when) so the ATO knows?

Tracey_H
        Former Staff

Hi PETAY 

The payroll year doesn't need to be closed in your software. AccountRight will select the correct tax table and financial year based on the payment date when you process payruns. This means that you can make adjustments in the previous year and process pays in the new year.

You will need to reconcile and finalise STP  through the Payroll reporting centre by the 14 July. This lets the ATO know that the YTD amounts reported for your employees are correct and final.