Forum Discussion

Jill10
Experienced User
5 years ago
Solved

Correcting a duplicated pay in a closed payroll year

I have (stupidly!) duplicated two pays in the previous payroll year 2018-19, they haven't been actually paid twice, just entered twice in MYOB.  I've finalised in STP and rolled the payroll year befo...
    5 years ago

Hi Jill10 

You will need to Restore a backup first to fix the 18/19 FY. I recommend making a backup of your file before doing the restore, just to be safe.

Then undo the Finalisations for effected employees.

Delete the incorrect pays then process $0 pays with payment date 30 June for those employees. To do $0 pays, process payroll as normal but zero all amounts and hours so everything is $0. Record and declare. When you get the warning that it will be a void paycheque click ok. This will correct the YTD amounts in STP.

Reconcile the Payroll Activity report, Payroll Register report and EOFY verification report. When all reconciles you can re-do the Finalisation.

I’m a big fan of using the Payroll Clearing Account and reconciling this account back to zero at end of month to pick up any errors like duplications or incorrect amounts transferred. 

Let me know how you go

Tracey