Forum Discussion

NF3400
User
5 years ago
Solved

Deleting payroll from previous period

In processing my super for the quarter, I have discovered a payroll for an employee that I believed that I had deleted, and re-entered as a standalone payrun from February.   It now appears twice -...
    Tracey_H
    5 years ago

Hi NF3400 

To make any adjustments or changes to an employee's pays it does need to processed through Process Payroll and the actual pay transactions need to be deleted. You should not make any changes to the Pay History in the employee card. 

To delete a pay you need to:

1. check that the security preference allows you to delete transactions by going to Setup>>Preferences>>Security tab and making sure Transactions can't be changed they must be reversed is not ticked
    2. go to Transaction Journal>>Payroll tab
    3. find that pay transaction and click on the zoom arrow to open it
    4. click on Edit in the top menu bar and select Delete Transaction

Changing the Pay History in the employee card doesn't delete the pay and it doesn't affect the general ledger accounts, therefore you will still see that pay in your payroll reports and in the P&L. It only changes the month/quarter and YTD totals. You will need to work out what the Pay History should be (including the pay that needs to be deleted) and change the Pay History back to what it should be. Then delete the incorrect pay as per the above steps. Once that pay has been deleted, check and adjust the super as required.

To reconcile your payroll, run the following reports:

• Payroll Activity (summary) - this report gets it's data from transactions processed through Process Payroll
    • Payroll Register (summary) - this report gets it's data from the Pay History of the employee cards

The Activity and Register reports should always be the same. To check that STP is correct, go to the Payroll Reporting Centre and download the report for the most recent report sent. Do this by clicking on the ... button next to the most recent report and select Download Report. The YTD amounts on the STP report should match the YTD amounts in the Activity and Register reports.

Changing a recorded pay 

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.