Forum Discussion

Daniel_teamnis
Trusted Cover User
3 years ago
Solved

EOFY Payroll Summary does not equal STP Verification report FY2021

I am trying to do my finalisation for 2 companies.  In both cases the Payroll Summary reprot from MYOB does not equal the YTD verification report in the Payroll reporting centre.  How can I fix this for year end?

• Hi Tracy,

Thank you very much for your help.

Our problem wasn't the categories, they were fine as they had not changed from last year.  

We decided this afternoon to go with the $0 payrunn to be sure we had it right before 30 June.  We did the smaller company first, it has only 5 employees.  It worked successfully, so we proceeded with the second company.  It too worked and we now have the YTD Verification report balanced to the Payroll Register and Payroll Summary reports.  

We even have the Salary Sacrifice super correct.

Thanks again,

Regards,

Dan

10 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • I have the same issue. The reports at lodgement are correct but the totals for EOY Finalisation are out by the last two pays. All pays say they went through.

Tracey_H
      Former Staff

Hi wnorris 

When it's the last pay or two missing, check the status of those payrun reports in the Payroll reporting centre>>Reports tab. If the status isn't accepted, processing a $0 pay can push through the update to STP. At this time of year it can take a bit longer for the ATO to change the status of STP reports as they are busier than normal so sometimes it is just a matter of waiting.

Additionally, sending old reports can mess up the YTD amounts as each report overrides the previous one regardless of pay periods. In this case, processing a $0 pay with payment date at 30 June will update the YTD amounts in STP.

I'm glad to hear that you were able to resolve your issue, thanks for letting us know.

DebHB
        Contributing Cover User

It was the same problem as last year, should have tried it first just would have thought the glitch would have been fixed...Once you run zero pays for each employee that doesnt balance all is good

• I just spoke to myob and process a $0 pay for all employees affected. Once this is sent it fixes itself. Worked on mine.

• Hi Daniel_teamnis and DebHB 

The first thing you need to do is run the Payroll Activity summary and Payroll Register summary reports. The next step will depend on whether these two reports match. This post, AccountRight reports don't match my STP reports, has detailed information on these reports and how to reconcile them with STP.

I'll also give you this post, EOFY Resources 2021, which has a heap of links to help with reconciling payroll.

If you're still having problems please do provide detailed information, such as which reports don't match, which payroll categories are missing from STP etc, and I'll be happy to help further.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Daniel_teamnis
      Trusted Cover User

Hi Tracy,   

Thank you for responding.  We only do this once a year and don't remember the errors of the past.

I had run the Payroll activity summary and PAyroll Register Summary and they agreed.  I also ran the Payroll Summary report which also agreed with the last 2 reports.  They all differ from the Verification report.

I will try the running  a zero payroll for those employees who do not agree and if this makes a difference.

We only do this once a year and don't remember the errors of the past.

Regards,

Dan

Daniel_teamnis
        Trusted Cover User

Hi Tracy,

Rather than running a zero payroll for everyone, can we run the regular payroll this week, with paydate 30th June 2021, include those who were terminated during the year that are affected with a zero payroll?

This should correct the YTD figures for everyone within the current financial year.

Please advise if this won't work and why.

Regards,

Dan.