Forum Discussion

sarahtaylor93
Contributing User
11 days ago

Employee SMSF Bank Details

Hi hoping for some guidance here.

I work for my husband and am the only employee, I did my first super payment a week ago, the money came out of the business account however didn't hit our SMSF account.

Upon double checking I realised I hadn't updated our banking details as we had to change our SMSF bank account.

So my question is how do I update bank details? I read online I have to make a new super fund under my employee card in MYOB?

Secondly the payment is still showing as processing in MYOB, the bank account has been closed to the money should bounce back.. Can I process the payment again into the new fund? The super payment will now be late :(

Any help appreciated.

3 Replies

Shella_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi sarahtaylor93

I appreciate your post. If the superannuation payment made from the wrong bank account is still processing, it's best to wait until the funds are returned before updating your SMSF fund bank details. You can find guidance on how to update these details in AccountRight in our help section. Once you've updated the details, you can then reprocess the returned super payment using the new SMSF fund details. We have a useful article on how to reverse and reprocess superannuation that you can refer to.

Feel free to post again anytime you require further assistance. 

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information. 

Kind regards,

Shella

sarahtaylor93
      Contributing User

Hi Shella,

Thanks for your help.

The funds have since been returned to our business account.

I have followed the instructions on Returned Superannuation Contribution, processing a payrun for the negative amount and the postive amount.

I have processed the super payment only selecting the postive amount, however the negative amount still shows?

It has also thrown my reporting out, is there anything I need to do with that negative super amount?

Shella_A
        MYOB Moderator

Hi sarahtaylor93,

Thanks for your prompt response. It's normal to see a negative amount in the payment management window, and it can't be taken away. As for the report, if the numbers are too high, you'll need to make a negative payment to even out the report.

Let me know how you'd go with this and if you require further assistance.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information. 

Kind regards,

Shella