Forum Discussion

Ayaramac2015
Experienced Cover User
5 years ago
Solved

Employee's start date incorrect

Hi,

I just relised that one of employee's start date is incorrect. He's a reinstated employee. He quited on early April 2015 and returned on 27th April 2015. I used the same card and had clear all entitlements. Somehow I had forgotten to change the start date. So his card is showing Start Date 27/4/2011 in stead of 2015. He's a full time employee, weekly hour is 37.5 hours. His long service leave accrual shows YTD 0.63hr. 

Can I just change the year on his card? Or there's other way to rectify? Please advise how can I fix this mistake.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Anna

Maxine_BC
    5 years ago

Hey Ayaramac2015,

You are very welcome.

No, if you manually change the start date, this should not affect any entitlements that are currently accrued.

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hey Ayaramac2015,

Thanks for the post.

From a technical perspective, you are able to go into the employees card file and change this manually. However,  before proceeding with this, I would advise speaking with your accountant to make sure that this will not have unwanted implications to your books.

As for the annual leave balance, you can make changes to this if needed. See this help article for reference- Long service leave.

I hope this helps. Please reach out if you have any more questions.

Ayaramac2015
      Experienced Cover User

Hi Maxine,

Thank very much for  your prompt respond.

This employee’s annual leave and other entitlement has been accrued . If I manually change the start date, will this affect  his Long services leave accrual hours that I mentioned previously ? Or the system will automatically adjust?

Thank you

Anna

Maxine_BC
        Former Staff

Hey Ayaramac2015,

You are very welcome.

No, if you manually change the start date, this should not affect any entitlements that are currently accrued.