Forum Discussion

JennyPTA
Trusted Cover User
2 years ago
Solved

Expense reimbursement and payroll

Hi, in the March BAS quarter, I put through an expense reimbursement to 2 employees through payroll and linked it to Wages and salaries. I find that I am out by that same amount in my YTD verification report. What do I do to fix this? The wages have been accepted by the ATO. All assistance is greatly appreciated. 

• Hi JennyPTA 

Thanks for your post. What ATO reporting category did you assign to the Employee Reimbursements payroll category? If it was Not Reportable it won't be reported through STP.

Please let me know how you go.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi JennyPTA 

Thanks for your post. What ATO reporting category did you assign to the Employee Reimbursements payroll category? If it was Not Reportable it won't be reported through STP.

Please let me know how you go.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

JennyPTA
      Trusted Cover User

Thanks. I overrided the wages account when I entered the expense reimbursement. My accountant suggested to do a simple reallocation from the wages account into the R&M expense account which has worked beautifully.