Forum Discussion

3 years ago
Solved

Extra hours being added to pay

Two of our Junior Employees are having extra hours being added to their pay sheets. One new, one has been working for over a year – never happened before. “New” should have had 4.5 hrs, “old” 3.5 hrs. Both are showing as correct until last screen in processing. Both are then showing 9hrs to be paid. Cannot work out why. Had to delete journal this first time and manually adjust. Even when no time sheets are entered, they are both showing hours. 

Called Customer service. On hold for over 4 hours. They could not understand why it is an issue for hours to be changing. Was then hung up on.

Can someone please let me know if there is somewhere in the background that I need to tick/untick for time sheets to be used for individual employees.

• Hi

The only thing I can think to suggest is to go into the employee card ( they are both on timesheets)

In payroll details in stardard pay check to see if there are any hours there

If there is change to zero and save

Worth trying 

Hope it helps

Lisa

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    LRBooks61
    Ultimate Cover User

Hi

The only thing I can think to suggest is to go into the employee card ( they are both on timesheets)

In payroll details in stardard pay check to see if there are any hours there

If there is change to zero and save

Worth trying 

Hope it helps

Lisa

CloverQ
    Former Staff

Hi SJJAWild 

I'm sorry to hear your experience with our phone support team was not satisfactory. We are happy to look into it for you, for that could you please provide more details?

- Do you normally use timesheet for these 2 employees? If so, what was their normal hours before and how many extra hours are being added?

- When you click on Process Payroll, with the Pay Period entered, what are the number of hours picked up from timesheets?

- Step 2 of Process Payroll, click into one of these 2 pays, are the 9 hours against a single payroll category or is it a sum from multiple categories?

- In the employee card > Payroll Details > Standard Pay, are there any hours entered at all?

Any screenshots of the problem (with sensitive information blacked out) would be most helpful.