Forum Discussion

BellePayroll
Contributing User
3 years ago
Solved

Full time employee converted to casual, what happens to accrued sick leave?

I have a full time employee that took leave without pay for some time and is now back on a casual basis. He was never terminated nor made inactive. He was paid out all his annual leave. He has sick leave previously accrued but since he has returned as a casual employee, he no longer accrues sick leave. What do I do with the accrued sick leave?

• Hi BellePayroll,

Thank you for your post. 

Generally speaking, If this employee is no longer entitled to sick leave, you could record a leave adjustment that zeros out their accrued leave and will stop the hours from appearing on their payslip, then simply 'untick' the entitlement from their card so it stops accruing leave. 

If you have any further queries on this, please do let me know.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Sam_R
    Former Staff

Hi BellePayroll,

Thank you for your post. 

Generally speaking, If this employee is no longer entitled to sick leave, you could record a leave adjustment that zeros out their accrued leave and will stop the hours from appearing on their payslip, then simply 'untick' the entitlement from their card so it stops accruing leave. 

If you have any further queries on this, please do let me know.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.