Forum Discussion

mrskatecorby
Experienced Cover User
2 years ago

How to record superanuation payment that is reportable and not reportable

Hello,

As part of end of year, payments above the complulory contributions required to various employees.

3 of the employees fall into the Not reportable category (a documented policy is in place that does not allow employee to influence the contributions on their behalf). How do i record the payment for each of these employees in MYOB?

1 employee is reportable, as employee is also a Director of the company. How do i record this payment and ensure it shows on my YTD Verification Report? 

Happy to answer any questions and appreicate your assistance.

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi mrskatecorby 

I'm sorry to see that no one has replied to you yet. Payments are reported to the ATO through STP according to the ATO reporting category assigned to the pay item. If you're not sure about which ATO reporting category to assign to those super contributions you would need to speak to your accountant or the ATO.

The Help Article, Additional super contributions, has detailed information on setting up and paying those amounts.

Please don't hesitate to post again if you need help in the future.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.