Forum Discussion

SharonSL
Trusted Cover User
5 years ago
Solved

Is Employee ID field/number new??

Hi,

This may be a silly question, but today is the first day I noticed the greyed out 'Employee ID' field (not the 'Card ID' field) in employee's records.  I haven't updated to 2019.4 as I'm very wary of encountering further issues at this stage.  

Is this new or have I not been noticing it for some time?  The numbers are strange too, up in the hundreds and we don't have anywhere near that many employees and they're not consecutive.  Just wondering what it's purpose is?  Something to do with STP maybe??

Thanks.

• Hi SharonSL 

As soon as you enable Payroll Reporting in a company file the employee ID field becomes shown. If not enabled, then it will not appear for that employee's card. So, it possibly could have been listed on the employee's card since July if you enabled Payroll reporting in July.

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi SharonSL 

The Employee ID is a field that was added with Payroll Reporting (STP). It basically acts as a unique record for the employee within the company file when that payroll information is sent across to the ATO. It's an uneditable field on the card, as messing with it can cause problems with Payroll Reporting. In theory, it is a consecutive series of numbers, but I have seen it be all over the place in some company files, you don't need to panic if it's not consecutive. Basically it will do its own thing and will have a unique record for each employee card.

Note: Card ID is a different field.

SharonSL
      Trusted Cover User

Thanks Steven.  All good. 

Has it really been there since July when I started with STP and I haven't noticed it???  

Steven_M
        Former Staff

Hi SharonSL 

As soon as you enable Payroll Reporting in a company file the employee ID field becomes shown. If not enabled, then it will not appear for that employee's card. So, it possibly could have been listed on the employee's card since July if you enabled Payroll reporting in July.