Forum Discussion

Learoy
Experienced Cover User
2 years ago

Leave available when processing wages

I process our wages weekly. If an employee takes sick leave, I enter the hours taken in the Sick Pay field, which reduces the hours in Base Hourly.  Can the Entitlements section show how much leave they have available? Or do I have to run a report before each pay run. It would be great if during the payroll process MYOB shows that the employee has used up all their available sick leave.

I have attached a screen shot from the Clearwater database to show what I mean.

Thank you.

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    LRBooks61
    Ultimate Cover User

Hi

you will find that if an employee takes leave that they don't have enough hours for there will be a warning.

If you check an employee card and select one that hasn't got a lot of hours you  can test that this works - or just try in Clearwater.

hope this helps

Lisa

Learoy
      Experienced Cover User

Hi Lisa,

Thank you for your help. I did a test run and the warning about negative leave came up.

Can you tell me when the Entitlement section would be used when recording wages for an employee? 

Regards,

Lea  

LRBooks61
        Ultimate Cover User

Hi Lea

the entitlements are generated and calculated on the basis that they have been set up as. 

Eg annual leave accrues as a percentage of gross hours

when you pay annual leave it has been set up to take the leave taken and reduce the entitlement 

not sure if that is what you want to know but hope that helps

Lisa