Forum Discussion

BEER
Experienced Cover User
4 years ago
Solved

Not Reportable Payroll Categories reporting to ATO ***URGENT***

I have starting looking at Payroll reconciliations in preparation for the EOFY and noticed that a "Deduction" named "Employee Purchase"with ATO Reporting Category set as "Not Reportable" reporting to the ATO (on the report being sent to the ATO).

Please advise URGENTLY how and when this is to be fixed as this will affect the employees tax return.

BEER
    4 years ago

Thanks Tracey

Yes I had ticked Tax Exempt for the payroll category.

As it is for a staff purchase it should not be subject to tax, but from a software point of view I understand why it is working as it is.

I created a reverse entry, and unchecked the tax exempt box and then processed it again. Didn't send any reports to the ATO.

It seems to have worked, but I will check after this week's payrun that it is not reported to the ATO.

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi BEER 

Thanks for your post. So that I can look into this for you can you please provide the following screenshots:

1. the Deduction Information window for that deduction, Payroll Categories>>Deductions tab>>open that deduction
    2. the YTD verification report, Payroll Reporting Centre>>EOFY finalisation tab>>YTD verification report
    3. the Payroll Activity detail report for the applicable employee(s)

You can send those screenshots by private message.

BEER
      Experienced Cover User

Thanks Tracey

Yes I had ticked Tax Exempt for the payroll category.

As it is for a staff purchase it should not be subject to tax, but from a software point of view I understand why it is working as it is.

I created a reverse entry, and unchecked the tax exempt box and then processed it again. Didn't send any reports to the ATO.

It seems to have worked, but I will check after this week's payrun that it is not reported to the ATO.

Jenny_Bickley
        Experienced Partner

Hi MYOB

This is also happening to my clients file. Not Reportable items are included in the STP End of Year Finalisation - please advise as this requires fixing asap.

I have checked and the Payroll Categories are not Exempt from PAYG (or anything else) and there is no reason for these amounts to be reported to the ATO.

Regards

Jenny Bickley