Forum Discussion

Agspec4
Experienced User
3 years ago

Payment date and bank reconciliation

Hi

i processed Feb payroll in myob accountright 2022.2 with pay period 01/02/22 to 28/02/22 and payment date : 28/02/22

when i was doing the Feb bank reconciliation i noticed the payroll doesnt reflect on my bank reconcile which usually does.

i check the transactiaon journal for the payroll it was registered as 02/03/22 that's why didnt show on my feb bank reconcile?  How could this happened ? is it due to ATO submission done by my boss ? I have no clue on steps he does for payroll submission to ATO. i only need to perform task run the payroll process for his submission.

How to rectify this so my bank will be balanced?

Thank you in advance for the input.

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    LRBooks61
    Ultimate Cover User

Hi

There are a number of things you could do depending on how the payroll has been paid

If it has been paid electronically you could delete ( you may need to reverse) the wrongly dated transaction and redo as at 28/2/2022. That could be how the date error occurred in the first place.

If that is not an option you could apply the 28/2/ payment from the bank feed to a payroll clearing account (spend money)and then you would need to do another transaction (receive money ) for the same amount to the payroll clearing account for the 2/3 . You would then need to manually reconcile the payroll transaction dated the 2/3 and the recieve money transaction

The clearing account should be $0 after both of these transactions

Hope these suggestions help