Forum Discussion

3 years ago
Solved

Payroll Tax - new wage category not appearing

I have created a new payroll category "Bereavement Leave"    ATO reporting - Gross payments.   But when I run the "Payroll Tax Report"   its not picking up this amount.     What do I need to do?     (showing on the normal Payroll activity reports)   

Carol 

• Hi SilverS,

Thank you for your post.

The first thing I would advise checking is if the category is set up as taxable or non-taxable

To check this, please navigate to the 'Setup' dropdown > 'General payroll information' > 'Set up Payroll Tax' > please check here if 'Bereavement Leave' has a 'tick' next to it or not. If the category isn't ticked, this means you do not wish tax to calculate on it, hence - not showing on the Payroll Tax report. 

If you are unsure whether this particular leave is taxable or non-taxable, please reach out to your financial advisor or the ATO as we are unable to advise you on this. 

However, if you require further assistance with your software, please do reach out. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Sam_R
    Former Staff

Hi SilverS,

Thank you for your post.

The first thing I would advise checking is if the category is set up as taxable or non-taxable

To check this, please navigate to the 'Setup' dropdown > 'General payroll information' > 'Set up Payroll Tax' > please check here if 'Bereavement Leave' has a 'tick' next to it or not. If the category isn't ticked, this means you do not wish tax to calculate on it, hence - not showing on the Payroll Tax report. 

If you are unsure whether this particular leave is taxable or non-taxable, please reach out to your financial advisor or the ATO as we are unable to advise you on this. 

However, if you require further assistance with your software, please do reach out. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.