Forum Discussion

2 years ago

Re: Incorrect ETP Values - EOFY Finalisation 2022 - URGENT

Hi Tracey,

I'm having similar issues as Karen.  My payroll summary and register summary match. I contacted Myob and have already run a $0 pay for all employees including terminated employees who I made active first etc.  This has not resolved the issues.

Two issues:

Anyone who has super salary sacrifice, the amount of salary sacrifice is not deducting from the Gross Wages on the Verification report.

Anyone who has ETP, the ETP break down amounts are not showing on the Payment Summary, the amounts are zero.  The verification report Gross amount matches (unless they also had salary sacrifice) but the Payment Summary is incorrect.

Would appreciate some help.

Kind regards

Tiffany

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi EndfireEngineer 

I'm sorry to see that no one has replied to you yet, I hope you were able to get this resolved. Just to clarify on salary sacrifice reporting, the ATO have changed the reporting requirements for STP Phase 2. In Phase 1 the gross payments amount was reduced by the salary sacrifice amount. In Phase 2 the gross payments amount is not reduced by the salary sacrifice amount.

Please don't hesitate to post again if you need help in the future.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

jade333
      User

Hi Tracey can you explain why this is not reduced?

One of my employees went to his accountant and all they can see is gross payments nothing about his super sacrifice deductions?

Tracey_H
        Former Staff

Hi jade333 

The ATO changed the way salary sacrifice deductions are reported in STP Phase 2. This is from the ATO website:

In Phase 1, the gross payments amounted was reduced by the salary sacrifice amount. In Phase 2, the ATO require the full gross payments amount be reported and the salary sacrifice amount reported separately.

For example, this employee's gross payments is $8387.50 with $300 salary sacrifice:

In Phase 1 it was reported like this:

In Phase 2 it is reported like this:

If you assign the ATO reporting category, Not reportable, to the salary sacrifice pay item the sacrifice amount will not be reported in STP.

You need to assign the correct ATO reporting category for that deduction in order for it to be reported in STP.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.