Forum Discussion

M_Moar
Experienced Cover User
4 years ago
Solved

Reversing MYOB Super Pay Transaction

Hi,

We made a payment on 30.06.20 via MYOB Pay Super.  A single staff member's Voluntary Member Contributions included in that payment have been returned by the super fund on 04.08.20, but these need to be reprocessed. 

I am following the steps outlined in the MYOB post 'Reversing and reprocessing superannuation payments'  However, when I reach step 5 and attempt to enter the date 04.08.20, I receive an error that "You can't record transactions dated in the lock period...".  This is despite the locked period being prior to 01.07.17, some three years ago (see attached screen shot).  

Any advice on how I overcome this error, please?

• Hi M_Moar 

This is a known issue where a value in the lock period prevents the pay super reversal to be recorded , even though the dates are correct. This has been raised with the development team for a permanent fix. 

In the meantime, in order to get around this,  you'll need to turn off the lock period preference to be able to reverse the payment (Setup > Preferences > Security tab). After reversing the payment, you can turn the lock periods preference back on.

Let me know how you go on.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Komal_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi M_Moar 

This is a known issue where a value in the lock period prevents the pay super reversal to be recorded , even though the dates are correct. This has been raised with the development team for a permanent fix. 

In the meantime, in order to get around this,  you'll need to turn off the lock period preference to be able to reverse the payment (Setup > Preferences > Security tab). After reversing the payment, you can turn the lock periods preference back on.

Let me know how you go on.
      M_Moar
      Experienced Cover User

Hi Kormal

Yes, that worked.  Many thanks.