Forum Discussion

Interchange1
Experienced User
2 years ago

STP Finalisation - Terminated workers not showing as tax ready

Hi 

I recently had issues with Finalising STP, we changed from STP 1 to STP 2 during the year and it was an issue with terminated employees.  After searching forums and using the Help Chat I made the terminated employees active, removed their termination dates ran a zero payroll.  I was then able to balance the YDT report with MYOB.  I then finalised all employees with the ATO.

I have now been contacted by one of the terminated employees to say her income statement for Interchange is showing as not ready.  It is showing as finalised at my end.  I have tried re-doing it but it didn't work (only tried today).  All current staff that I have checked with are showing Tax ready.

Not sure if this is attached to the issue MYOB is currently having with EOFY finalisations.

Thank you

Amanda

7 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • I have a similar problem. A few terminated employees have contacted me to say their payroll shows as not tax ready. My MYOB reports show as finalised. I have checked my own MyGov and shows the green tick, tax ready.

When I have checked their screen shot against my EOY summary, the figures balance.

Jane

Tracey_H
      Former Staff

Hi Interchange1 LifeLongLearner vincewong 

I'm sorry to see that no one has replied to you yet. If you have employees reporting that their Income statements are not tax ready there's two things to check in the Payroll reporting centre. One is that they have the Final Indicator tick in the EOFY finalisations tab. The second thing is that the finalisation report has the status Accepted.

If the status is Accepted with errors or Rejected you need to fix the errors and refinalise.

If the status is Accepted you would need to check with the ATO on what is holding up the finalisation on their end.

One of the common reasons we saw for reports being Accepted with errors this year was employees terminated prior to moving to STP Phase 2. This was due to the ATO requiring a termination reason in Phase 2 which wasn't required in Phase 1. The steps provided by Amanda ( Interchange1 ) would resolve this error. 

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

• Same here. 

we move to STP2 Feb2022.   this mean any staff finished with us from 1/7/2021 - 31/1/2022 will have STP1 only and nothing on STP2. 

call MYOB and they don't have a simple solution at the moment.   The way to fix it they said will be reverse their last pay.  Then process it again so they will appear on STP2 for FY22.   

For a company with 500+ employee i am not sure how long will it take for this manual process 

Interchange1
      Experienced User

Hi Vincewong

After speaking with MYOB and looking at different forums, this is what I did:-

1. Took a snip of terminated workers and their termination dates for STP reporting

2. Made the workers active and removed their termination dates.

3. Ran a zero payroll at the end of June for all terminated employees and reported it through STP.

4. Checked all the STP figures were then correct to the MYOB reports (at this stage I had balanced everything)

5. Finalised STP for FY

6. Put back all the termination dates adding a termination reason and made appliciable employees inactive.

This doesn't fix the problem of the terminated workers showing up as tax ready, this is an issue with the system, either at MYOB or ATO end, however my figures are now correct.  At this stage I have only had one worker out of 32 that has contacted me regarding not ATO ready.  I provided this worker with the figures (checking both the STP and MYOB report).  This way she can enter manually to the ATO and we aren't holding up her tax until this problem is resolved.

I hope this helps

Kind Regards

Amanda

• Did anyone receive a solution to this problem of Terminated workers not showing as tax ready?

Interchange1
      Experienced User

Hi

Please refer to my steps above.  It worked for me.

Amanda

Interchange1
        Experienced User

Sorry I just realised my post for the final solution is on another feed.

To make them tax ready I needed to remove the termination from STP terminations and re-enter them with a reason, do the steps above (entering a zero payroll 300622).

I have had no further issues with employees.