Forum Discussion

Salisbury
Contributing Cover User
2 years ago

STP Phase 2 - EOFY 2022 Finalisation

Hi,

I'm finalising Payroll for EOFY 2022 (on STP Phase 2).  In STP Reporting EOFY Finalisation you can see: Employees, Termination end dates , Gross YTD and PAYG.

The Gross YTD only includes the Gross payment category  annd does not include Leave paid etc. Is this correct?  It is a bit strange as I would think it should show Total Payments or Total STP taxable wages.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Salisbury 

Thanks for your post. It's the YTD verification report that is sent to the ATO when you finalise employees. Before finalising you should reconcile the AccountRight payroll reports with the YTD verification report to ensure the YTD amounts are reported correctly.

The Help Article, End of year finalisation with STP, has detailed information to assist with this.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Point2016
      Cover User

Hi Tracey

Thank you for your reply.  The article you refer to doesn't address my query.

My query refers to the first screen in the eofy STP Reporting process.  Where we are to tick off each employees payment details as correct .  The gross YTD figures don't match the gross wages paid reported in either the Payroll summary of the YTD Vertification report.  The difference is annual leave and salary sacrificed which has been excluded from this first screen.  Is this correct?  Will the missing amounts be in the next screens? 

Thanks again

Tracey_H
        Former Staff

Hi Point2016 

As explained in that linked Help Article you need to check that the YTD verification report and Summary of payments reports are correct before finalising as this is the information sent to the ATO. There aren't any other screens, when you click on Set as final the declaration window opens, you enter the name of the Authorised sender, click Send and those reports are sent to the ATO.

The post, EOFY FAQs and Resources - 2022, has links to posts and Help Articles to assist with reconciling and finalising at EOFY.

I've replied to your other post regarding the salary sacrifice: YTD verification report to Payroll Section. If you need help with other amounts in the YTD verification report or Summary of payments report please let me know.