Forum Discussion

Girlie
Contributing Cover User
3 years ago
Solved

STP2

Hi   Already tranferred the Business reporting to STP2 it was all good, however I have some questions; After transferred do I need to click the "Send  Update Event" in browser and send to the ATO?...
    CloverQ
    3 years ago

Hi Girlie 

Each time a pay run is reported via STP it updates the YTD records, so you don't need to manually update event for employees who have more pays to come. Having said that, there's no harm to send update event for any employees as it merely updates their YTD records. My suggestions is sending update event for all employees worked this year and terminated for now, then use this option again whenever needed for other employees (e.g. if their YTD data is incorrect in ATO's portal).

You'll need to access the Payroll Reporting Centre to view all submitted pay events, run the YTD verification report or complete end of year finalisation, same as before STP 2, the difference is that the Payroll Reporting Centre now opens in the web browser instead of within AccountRight. For more details please feel free to check out this Help page - Getting ready for STP Phase 2, which explains what happens after moving to STP 2.