Forum Discussion

Jnet
Experienced Cover User
5 years ago
Solved

Super fund not available in the super registerd names

Hi, 

I have an Employee start with a Super Fund not on the list. I even checked the usi numbers incase it was under a different name and i cant find it. How do i solve this?

The super is:

SUPER SA (TRIPLE S)

USI: 40651037780001

ABN: 40651037780

Thanks

• Hi Jnet 

Thank you for your post.

If you look up the ABN of this fund on Super Fund Lookup website, you will find out that this is a fund with contribution restrictions. Generally, this means that the fund is exclusive to one business or ABN (Australian Defence Force, for example). The registered details are paired with the original employer and may not work with others, if the employee changes jobs.

In this case, your employee needs to contact the fund and explain the change in job. The fund will likely have to alternate details which can be used by you as an employer. If not, the employee will have no choice but to investigate an alternative super fund.

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you have further questions. 

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Komal_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Jnet 

Thank you for your post.

If you look up the ABN of this fund on Super Fund Lookup website, you will find out that this is a fund with contribution restrictions. Generally, this means that the fund is exclusive to one business or ABN (Australian Defence Force, for example). The registered details are paired with the original employer and may not work with others, if the employee changes jobs.

In this case, your employee needs to contact the fund and explain the change in job. The fund will likely have to alternate details which can be used by you as an employer. If not, the employee will have no choice but to investigate an alternative super fund.

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you have further questions. 

Jnet
      Experienced Cover User

Thank you Komal_S .  I apprecaite your help, I will follow up with the employee.