Forum Discussion

Tina1959
Experienced Cover User
3 years ago
Solved

Super pay Liabilities

I have an employee that I paid super using Pay Liabilities in December last year. For some reason the employee was paid more than was owed - not sure how this happened as I use the Pay Liablities fun...
    Tracey_H
    3 years ago

Hi Tina1959 

I'd check to make sure that the YTD amounts in your STP YTD verification report are correct. Each STP payrun report overrides the previous one, so it's best to check the YTD verification report or the last payrun report sent for the up-to-date figures.

The STP reports filter by the ATO reporting category assigned to the payroll category. The linked accounts won't have any impact on the STP reports so I would expect that the PAYG amount in the STP report would be correct.

From a software perspective, if the $200 has been posted to the wrong liability account so you can record a journal to move it to the correct liability account. From a reporting perspective, if you've already lodged and paid the BAS for that period the PAYG amount may be incorrect. You'd need to speak to your accountant about amending the BAS.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.