Forum Discussion

PJC
Experienced User
3 months ago

Superannuation Reversal not process

Hi,

I recorded a superannuation batch ready for payment only to realise before 'authorisation' that I had made an error in one of the employee contributions which had to be ommitted from the batch before ultimately payng the super. Accordingly I attempted a 'reverse pay superannuation' to bring the batch back to its pre recorded state only for the reversal to fail. The reversal's failure is in connection with a particular employee's SMSF (not related to the original contribution error mentioned above), the MYOB error message when hovering over the red cross reading as "You only have a preferred name setup for this superfund. You need to set the Fund Name and SPIN/USI". This is not the case as contributions went through for this SMSF the prior month, however upon closer inspection on the ABN lookup register it appears the SMSF is having a technicality regarding its regulation at the ATO  - effectively I assume this is the error message that MYOB produces in such an event. 

So the question is how do I reverse this super so I can remedy the original error and pay all employees their super? The whole batch (approx 60 employees) now seems stuck between the "record' and 'authorised' functions of Pay Super. On a side note is there a reason why the contributions for this particular SMSF were accepted at the recording stage before authorisation yet are now rejecting when reversing before authorisation?

Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

Regards,

PJC

1 Reply

• Hi PJC,

Thank you for your post.

Apologies for the delayed response. Reversing a Pay Super transaction is not possible if it's not yet completed and processed. This is due to the way the system handles these transactions. Please refer to this help article, Make Superannuation Payments, for further information.

So, we can assist you further, we would need to check the status of the super payments on our end. I'll be reaching out to you via our private message channel to get your account's information. Please check your Community forum inbox, and we'll continue through that channel.

Cheers,

Princess