Forum Discussion

Accounts12341
Experienced User
2 years ago

Superannuation payment for old outstanding super

I have one staff member who (for reasons outside of our control) didn't have a compliant superfund until a few weeks ago.

We're paying their current super into their new compliant fund account now however, there should be about $5000 worth of super unpaid.

The Employee Superannuation Advice report from the start of their employment to date says they're due $15718.19 and the Superannuation Payments by Employee report says they've been paid $5976.55 so they're owed $9741.64 which is exactly the amount I expected.

I then went into Pay Superannuation and put in the correct dates (which go back to 2017), expecting the outstanding transactions to be there waiting for me to tick and pay but there's nothing outstanding for this person.

I then went into manage payments but there's nothing that is awaiting processing there.

I don't have any unreconciled superannuation amounts on the bank statement.

Where is it and how do I pay it, please?

Thanks in advance

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Accounts12341 

Thanks for your post. If you go to Payroll>>Pay Liabilities>>Liability type: Superannuation and select the dates can you see those super amounts? 

Accounts12341
      Experienced User

There it is!

Thank you!

Whilst I have you, there's another few amounts here in pay liabilities.  Would I be right in saying these amounts are the difference between super accrued with payroll and what's been paid for each individual?

Accounts12341
      Experienced User

I've just hit another hurdle...  When you pay super from pay liabilities, it just records an entry.  It doesn't actually process the payment through the clearing house.  I've called the super company to get BSB and account details (like you used to be able to do) and they've said I can only pay via the clearing house.

Is there a way of processing super payments via Pay Liabilities?

thanks again