Forum Discussion

H-TS
Trusted User
3 years ago
Solved

Unable to delete a pay - even if it hasn't been reported/sent to STP/ATO yet

I've read what seems like a gazillion other posts on this topic but all the official MYOB responses I read seemed to indicate that the requirement to reverse instead of delete a pay, only applies if ...
    3 years ago

Hi H-TS 

If your security settings allow you to delete transactions then you should be able to delete pays that have the status rejected or not sent in the Payroll reporting centre. I've just tested that in my software and can delete all unsent pays. I understand that we can't troubleshoot with this weeks payrun but if you could test this next week and send me screenshots that would be great. 

Just with regard to the reversal process, in order for STP to be updated a pay or update event needs to be sent to the ATO. When a pay transaction is reversed a new transaction is recorded in the software and sent to the ATO when that reversal is declared. When a pay is deleted the transaction is removed from the software, no new transaction is recorded which means that there is no update pushed through to STP.

From an audit perspective, reversing payruns means that pays reported in the software match pays reported in the ATO Business portal. It creates transparency with record keeping so that employers don't need to explain why a pay has been deleted. 

Please do send me those screenshots next week so that we can work out why you can't delete those pays.