Forum Discussion

3 months ago
Solved

STP ATO error code: SBR.GEN.AUTH.008

Hello,

Just processed weekly pay run and STP file rejected.  Checked STP reporting and last weeks pay run has also been rejected.  Any idea why software ID is being rejected?  Nothing has changed with the MYOB file and have been using MYOB since July 2017.  Is it an ATO issue or a MYOB issue?

Cheers.

• Hi CP3134_9,

Thank you for your post, and welcome to the community forum! I hope you find it a great source of information.

I'm sorry for the late reply. The error you are receiving, SBR.GEN.AUTH.008, is an ATO error indicating that the software ID number you've provided doesn't match what the ATO has recorded for that file. The software ID number would only change within the software if the ABN in the file changed, the file was activated under a different serial number, or if someone had redone the STP signup within the file. To rectify the situation, you can check and update this in Access Manager, by calling the ATO, or by updating your STP business details. You can do this by checking your software ID in the STP ATO settings. If the software ID is incorrect, click Edit STP business details and follow the prompts to set up STP. 

Additionally, you can check out this Help article: Fix rejected reports in Single Touch Payroll.

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you require any further assistance.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess

1 Reply

• Hi CP3134_9,

Thank you for your post, and welcome to the community forum! I hope you find it a great source of information.

I'm sorry for the late reply. The error you are receiving, SBR.GEN.AUTH.008, is an ATO error indicating that the software ID number you've provided doesn't match what the ATO has recorded for that file. The software ID number would only change within the software if the ABN in the file changed, the file was activated under a different serial number, or if someone had redone the STP signup within the file. To rectify the situation, you can check and update this in Access Manager, by calling the ATO, or by updating your STP business details. You can do this by checking your software ID in the STP ATO settings. If the software ID is incorrect, click Edit STP business details and follow the prompts to set up STP. 

Additionally, you can check out this Help article: Fix rejected reports in Single Touch Payroll.

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you require any further assistance.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess