Forum Discussion

A-E
Experienced Cover User
9 months ago
Solved

ATO Error Code: CMN.ATO.PAYEVNT.000199

Hello,

The last 2 times I have tried to process the payroll, I have received the above error code from the ATO. The period I have selected is pay period 23.8.2023 - 5.9.2023, pay date today - 14.9.2023.

The full error description is "PayRunDate Error: The date entered for Pay/Update must not be later than today's date" but the pay date is today's date so I don't understand what I'm doing wrong?

TIA

• Hi A-E

Thanks for your post and welcome here to the Community Forum. Thank you for your effort in reaching out to us and we apologize for the issue you are having when processing the payroll because of the error message you are getting. We appreciate your patience and understanding on this matter. 

We are glad to hear that you found this forum useful to your concern and we are grateful that it is now resolved. You are correct that you would need to submit it as a Bonus / Commission pay run instead. Additionally, the error code you mentioned - CMN.ATO.PAYEVNT.000199 - This is due to the date entered for the pay run/update. The ATO does not allow a report to be submitted if the date is later than today's date. In the future, we recommend changing the date to the current date to resolve this error message. 

Feel free to post again anytime you require further assistance. 

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information. 

Cheers, 
    Leneth

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    A-E
    Experienced Cover User

Please ignore this post. I think I found the problem. I was trying to submit a $0.00 paycheque to adjust so leave balances. I found a post on the MYOB page mentioning I had to submit as a Bonus / Commission pay run instead. It has gone through to the ATO without issue

Leneth_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi A-E

Thanks for your post and welcome here to the Community Forum. Thank you for your effort in reaching out to us and we apologize for the issue you are having when processing the payroll because of the error message you are getting. We appreciate your patience and understanding on this matter. 

We are glad to hear that you found this forum useful to your concern and we are grateful that it is now resolved. You are correct that you would need to submit it as a Bonus / Commission pay run instead. Additionally, the error code you mentioned - CMN.ATO.PAYEVNT.000199 - This is due to the date entered for the pay run/update. The ATO does not allow a report to be submitted if the date is later than today's date. In the future, we recommend changing the date to the current date to resolve this error message. 

Feel free to post again anytime you require further assistance. 

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information. 

Cheers, 
    Leneth