Forum Discussion

DarrenJ
Contributing Partner
6 months ago
Solved

ATO error code: CMN.ATO.PAYEVNT.000211

Myob essential STP reporting failure error.

Previous BMS Identifier can not be the same as BMS Identifier (ATO error code: CMN.ATO.PAYEVNT.000211)

The ATO dont have any information on this issue identifier.

I cannot;

1. process employees payrun due to the software noticing the BMS ID hasnt been reported to the ATO which it has. The software then defaults from the create payrun screen to the set up STP screen which has aklready been completed with the ATO.
  2. Cannot run end of year finalisation
  3. Cannot run a pay event
  4. Cannot complete the BAS as the payruns wont be included
  5. Wont report superstream on time due to pay run not being able to process

This is presenting a problem for compliance.

Please assist

• No was using essentials only change I thinkis we had upgraded to STP 2.  Not sure why the error started but it required us to redo the STP setup process.  So had to notify the ATO which they confirmed there was a different softare ID attached and then select no to the new BMS step in the MYOB STP setup process.  Once this was done I could then send an update event which was finally accepted and I could get to the compliance activites.

3 Replies

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi, DarrenJ

Thanks for your post.

We're sorry to hear that you are having multiple issues with your STP. To correct the situation, kindly confirm if you used another MYOB product for payroll reporting. If yes, you will also need to notify the ATO regarding this. When setting STP Phase 2, go to Payroll > Single Touch Payroll reporting > ATO settings tab > Scroll down, and then select Edit STP business details > Make sure to fill out everything, especially Step 6: Transfer BMS ID. Once done, you can try to process pay, run end-of-year finalisation, and process pay event to see if the same ATO error code shows.

Please let us know if you require any further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Doreen

DarrenJ
      Contributing Partner

No was using essentials only change I thinkis we had upgraded to STP 2.  Not sure why the error started but it required us to redo the STP setup process.  So had to notify the ATO which they confirmed there was a different softare ID attached and then select no to the new BMS step in the MYOB STP setup process.  Once this was done I could then send an update event which was finally accepted and I could get to the compliance activites.

Doreen_P
        MYOB Moderator

Hi, DarrenJ

Thank you for updating us.

We're glad to hear that you were able to contact the ATO and confirm that there was a different Software ID. You should be able to send an update, process a pay run, and run an end-of-year finalisation. Should you need further support, we are here to assist you promptly. Feel free to start a new post, and we'll be ready to address your concerns.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information.

Best regards,

Doreen