Forum Discussion

algonsteel
Experienced Cover User
3 years ago
Solved

User Access

I have a user that needs to be able to delete POs, however I dont want to give her access to Payroll or Reports. If I give her access to Purchases, Banking, Cards etc. then she cant delete a PO, howe...
    3 years ago

Hi algonsteel 

AccountRight does have a series of default roles each with a different set of restrictions. The good news is that users can update these restrictions via Setup>>User Access>>Manage Roles. So, in your case, you navigate to the Manage Roles>>Select Purchases for example, and then tick General -- Allow Delete/Reverse. This would give anyone with the Purchases role access to delete or reverse transactions (without needing to give them other roles).

Also, a really good tip on the Manage Roles is that if you right-click a Role on the left-hand side you can select Duplicate Role. This gives you a new role to which you can grant to a user. So, you might have two staff members that need to enter sales but one needs that delete/reverse access you can set up the role minus that delete/reverse, duplicate the role, enable that access for that other role. You can then go to the Manage Users to grant the necessary role to each user.