Forum Discussion

SGall
Experienced User
2 years ago
Solved

annual and personal leave payment

Hi Team

I have setup in General Payroll Information as 38 hours work week.  I have some employees working as 36 hours a week.  Effectively I have 2 base hourly work week.

In my entitlements for Annual, Personal and Long Service, I set it to calculate by % based on base hourly worked.  If I am paying Base Hourly of 36 or 38 hours the entitlement accruals works fine, however when I am paying Annual Leave or Personal Leave payment, the base hourly does not accrue these entitlements.

This happen to me for 2 employees on 36 or 38 hours work week respectively, I had to mannualy enter the accruals.  Does anyone have any tip on how to correct this?  It seems to calcuate accruals for payment of these entitlement on the "Hours Worked Weekly" in General Payroll Information setup. 

Many thanks in advance for your help.

SGall
    2 years ago

Hi Lisa

Thank you for  your response, I do have it as %, refer to attached files.  Can you point out where the error is?  Many thanks really appreciate a second pair of eyes.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    LRBooks61
    Ultimate Cover User

Hi

I suggest that instead of setting up different pay categories for base hours you leave as one and set the annual leave entitlement to % of gross hours.

In the employee card you can set the hours for the employee in their card under both the wages tab and standard pay tab

Hope this helps

Lisa

SGall
      Experienced User

Hi Lisa

Thank you for  your response, I do have it as %, refer to attached files.  Can you point out where the error is?  Many thanks really appreciate a second pair of eyes.

LRBooks61
        Ultimate Cover User

Hi

yes I can see where it is calculating incorrectly 

there are 2 entries for cable or and team Le which are accruing annual leave and personal leave 

ti fix this go to the  entitlements tab in payroll categories and exempt the categories you don't want to accrue leave

hope that helps

Lisa