Forum Discussion

Louisev_v4
Experienced Cover User
2 years ago

Account Right Customer profiles

I have spent quite some time customising the columns on our Customer Card - a great feature and one I have promoted internally.  Today I opened up MYOB and all lost and it has defaulted to original columns.  This feature is great but a waste of time if it defaults back - I checked and it has done the same for other staff.  

Any idea why this happened - it's been fine for months.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Komal_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Louisev_v4 

If you want the width size to be remembered, please follow the steps given:

1.  Adjust the column widths as desired for the customer cards. 
    2. Do not record. leave this on screen

Now
    3. Open the run box on windows by pressing Windows Key + R together
    4. In the box type %localappdata% and press Enter

5. A list of folders appear, Navigate through MYOB>AccountRight>Current>Layouts

This list of .xml files store the settings for the layouts. These are currently not updating as intended.
    We can freeze, to the setting currently on screen in AccountRight, by setting these files as read only.

9. Right click on the appropriate .xml file, choose properties.

An example is Grid.CardList.grdvCardsListAllCardTab  , but you can choose the one for which you're changing the layout.

Note the naming convention should help you determine the correct .xml file for the screen you are in AccountRight

6. Tick the Read-only box and click OK.

Please let me know if the column widths are still not retaining. 
      Louisev_v4
      Experienced Cover User

HI 

Thank you - all seems a bit complicated as I have had these adjusted columns for more than a year and overnight it changed - by the way it's not the columns widths it's adding new columns from customise.  I have never had to do your suggestion as below as they have been retained without the effort.

Overnigtht I have lost my addtional columns - I will try your suggestion to see if it will keep my preferences

Komal_S
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Louisev_v4 

The above suggestion is for retaining column width, however, if you are adding additional columns it not might work. 

An alternative might be clearing AccountRight cache, adding those additional columns and checking if they are remembered.