Forum Discussion

sueby01
Experienced User
4 years ago
Solved

Delete a bill that has received stock

Hi there, I have incorrectly entered a order as a bill which has received the goods. I have tried to delete purchase but error message "delection of this sale of item ("product") would value your inv...
    Emily_B
    4 years ago

Hello sueby01 

No need to apologise at all. There may be a slight misunderstanding surrounding need to do a -130 adjustment before deleting the bill. When you said "I then went into adjust inventory and decreased qty and price by exactly the same amounts as bill...", this is a step you don't need to do. The -130 adjustment is not needed, because deleting the bill will take care of that 130 and its corresponding value. But, in order to make it possible for you to delete the bill without getting an error, we need to make the software believe that on hand stock and value existed in the first place.

The inventory adjustment you're looking at doing is the increase by 131 (the amount in the bill + 1) and an increase of the dollar value shown in the bill +1. This is basically telling AccountRight that you have that amount and value on hand. It sounds like you have done this part already. So now, you should be able to delete that bill without receiving an error. When you delete the bill, that 130 and its corresponding value will go away, leaving you with that 1 additional item valued at $1. This 1/$1 can then be reduced using a separate inventory adjustment.

Does that make sense? Pleae do let me know how you get on.