Forum Discussion

Tehrani
Contributing User
10 months ago

Failed to fetch data error in MYOB for Excel addin

Hi. I have a user with a full administrator role. I use MYOB for Excel add-in to extract data from my online file. When I extract a week's data, it's good. But when I want to extract just a day more than that, it shows "Failed to fetch data" error.
I want at least two months' data for my work but I don't want to extract five weeks separately. If it can be done with this add-in, then help me, else please suggest me another free option for extracting data.

10 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
      Tehrani
      Contributing User

tuinldam wrote:

I also have this issue.  Have you found a solution? 

redactle unlimited

No. Even support hasn't solved the problem. I'm contacting them and hope my issue could reach technical team 

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi tuinldam,

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the Community Forum! I'm sorry to hear about the issue you've been facing. I really appreciate your patience and understanding about this issue and I do apologize for the delayed response. Can you please check if the user is trying to run reports for using the MYOB for Excel add-in go to Setup >> User Access to check if the user is set up in there.

If not then add this user under Setup-> User Access, and Re-Sign in to MYOB Excel Add-in in Excel. Once the user has been added into the file they will be able to run reports in Excel successfully.

Please do let me know how you go on this.
    Regards,
    Earl

Tehrani
      Contributing User

Earl_HD wrote:

Hi tuinldam,

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the Community Forum! I'm sorry to hear about the issue you've been facing. I really appreciate your patience and understanding about this issue and I do apologize for the delayed response. Can you please check if the user is trying to run reports for using the MYOB for Excel add-in go to Setup >> User Access to check if the user is set up in there.

If not then add this user under Setup-> User Access, and Re-Sign in to MYOB Excel Add-in in Excel. Once the user has been added into the file they will be able to run reports in Excel successfully.

Regards,
      Earl

I have the administrator role which has full access to all of software and I can see it in User Access section. Also when I can export data of a week then I have not any access problem. It's probably a timeout problem which can not fixed by timout extending trick, so maybe updating the addin with a timeout of an hour could fix it.

Earl_HD
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Tehrani,

Thank you for your patience, and I apologize for the delayed response. I've made some changes on the backend. Could you please confirm whether you are still experiencing the issue? If the problem persists, kindly inform us so that we can investigate it further.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon!
        Regards, 
        Earl

Earl_HD
      MYOB Moderator

Hi Tehrani

I was able to refresh your Access. Can you please try to logout then log back in then go to Setup > User Access and check if you can now see the option to add the Re-Sign in to MYOB Excel Add-in in Excel. 

Regards,
      Earl

Tehrani
        Contributing User

Earl_HD wrote:

Hi Tehrani

I was able to refresh your Access. Can you please try to logout then log back in then go to Setup > User Access and check if you can now see the option to add the Re-Sign in to MYOB Excel Add-in in Excel. 

Regards,
        Earl

I've loged out and then loged in and then went to User Access but there is no "Re-Sign in to MYOB Excel Add-in in Excel" option in nor the users neither the roles section. Also the add-in problem remains.