Forum Discussion

gailmorgan
Experienced Cover User
3 years ago
Solved

How do I remove online ccard payments, as I don't have a Merchant Portal to deactivate??

***The steps below don't work for me, I never setup a merchant portal Help! 

Gail

You can remove Online Payments from a particular invoice via unticking the Online Payments option in the Enter Sales window before sending via email. 

If you are wishing to remove the Online Payments option from all invoices going forward, you would go to the Merchant Portal (Setup>>>Preferences>>Emailing>>Edit Payment Options) and click Deactivate Service. This will remove that online payments options (i.e. the Pay Now button) from newly created invoices now and previously paid invoices.

Yanike_S
    3 years ago

Hi gailmorgan 

Thanks for the screenshots. I had a look for you and Online Invoice Payments in your file are indeed disabled. When you send invoices, your customers shouldn't see the options. You could test this by sending an invoice to yourself. 

We are aware that this option still appears when creating the invoice and the developers are investigating this.  

11 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Yanike_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi gailmorgan 

Thanks for your post.

If your customers are able to pay you online via credit card it is called Online invoice payments. You can see if you have this set up in: Setup>>Preferences>>Emailing.

You can remove your customer's option to make online invoice payments by deselecting the Online payments option when creating an invoice:

Alternatively you can turn off online payments for all of your customers. Deactivating online payments will remove the Pay now button from online invoices you have already sent, and any new invoices you send. (Note: You will not be able to deactivate one specific payment method.)

Read how to here: deactivating online invoice payments.

If this is not what you meant or it is not working for you, could you send me some screenshots of the payments you are unable to remove?

gailmorgan
      Experienced Cover User

Hi, I followed the steps and deactivated it. But when I go to do an invoice the creditcard selections are still there?

I know I can deselect them but I thought that it wouldn't be on there now?

Gail

Yanike_S
        MYOB Moderator

Hi gailmorgan 

I am sorry to hear this hasn't worked for you. I like to look into this for you.

Could you send me the following:

• A screenshot of the settings showing the service has been deactivated (Setup>>Preferences>>Emailing)
        • A screenshot of an invoice with the Pay now button still showing
        • The last 4 digits of your serial number and company file ID (Help>>About AccountRight)