Forum Discussion

Cat2
User
2 years ago

Items List convert to Inventory

Hello,

I have deleted all the purchases/sales against two Items List in order to inventory them, however the background tick means I can't change them to Inventory.  After a manual check I cannot figure out how I am unable to amend and update to inventory items.  Is there a  way of checking in the background as the reports for items list are minimal and don't provide any help.  I have also manually checked the account items get coded to etc and every purchase related has been deleted as far as I can tell.  Could you help by removing the tick manually in the background?

Tia

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Cat2 

I would be looking at running the Sales [Item Detail] report (Reports>>Sales>>Item) for that item for an extended period i.e. 01/01/1900 to 31/12/9998. You'll also have to ensure that the Sale Status is set to be All Sales - this way you are including orders and quotes. The same can be run on the Purchases side with the Purchases [Item Detail] report - Reports>>Purchases>>Item. These reports would need to be clear i.e. show no transactions in order to move that item to be inventoried.

It should be noted that some customers rename the non-inventoried item and make it as inactive then create a new item that is inventoried, rather than deleting and recreating transactions. This could be an option for yourself in that position. 

The_Doc
    Ultimate Partner

Hi Cat2 

Unfortunately MYOB has an annoying habit of setting a flag in the background that prevents you from doing what you want - and there is no way to untick it - i.e. the flag is irreversibly set once set.

This happens in many things - eg create a new ledger account - put 1 entry into it - delete that entry - now try and delete that account.

As suggested just make the item inactive - rename with zz in front to push it to the bottom and start again.

The Doc