Forum Discussion

RMF
Contributing Cover User
2 years ago
Solved

Problem with changing account codes

Hi,

I have noticed since June this year that some purchase order entries have changed the account codes from Materials- Manufacturing 5-1025 to Freight outwards 5-1200 in the transaction journal not sure why?

• Hi RMF 

The account that will be used when you create a Purchase Order for an item can be changed, so it's possible that it was changed in June and that's why it's automatically filling a different account than expected.

To check which account is set up for an item (and change it if necessary), you can find the settings under: Inventory > Items List > Open relevant Item > Depending on how you've set up the item, you will see one or all of the following fields; Cost of Sales Account, Income Account for Tracking Sales, Asset Account for Item Inventory. 

If it is not correct you can change to the correct account. This will only affect future Purchase Orders so you will also need to fix it on the previous Purchase Orders if they are incorrect. 

For more details on setting up Items, refer to our Help Article: Creating items.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    SamaraM
    Former Staff

Hi RMF 

The account that will be used when you create a Purchase Order for an item can be changed, so it's possible that it was changed in June and that's why it's automatically filling a different account than expected.

To check which account is set up for an item (and change it if necessary), you can find the settings under: Inventory > Items List > Open relevant Item > Depending on how you've set up the item, you will see one or all of the following fields; Cost of Sales Account, Income Account for Tracking Sales, Asset Account for Item Inventory. 

If it is not correct you can change to the correct account. This will only affect future Purchase Orders so you will also need to fix it on the previous Purchase Orders if they are incorrect. 

For more details on setting up Items, refer to our Help Article: Creating items.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

RMF
      Contributing Cover User

Thanks very much I have now fixed the problem