Forum Discussion

Samantha1
Contributing User
2 years ago
Solved

REMMITANCE WITH A PURCHASE AMOUNT DEDUCTED

Hi,

We have a client that has sent us a remittance for their outstanding invoices - however, the was a purchase we needed to pay to them...

what they have done is paid their invoices but have added in the amount we owe them (as a negative) and have reduced the paid to us amount.

My problem is i don't know how to enter this, as the amount they paid doesn't match the invoices they have paid.

Thank you for your help!

• Hi

Can I suggest that you process both the payment of your invoice and the customers payment as normal but allocate the payment to undeposited funds.

Then prepare the deposit from undeposited funds to the bank picking up both transactions which should then match the remittance.

Hope this helps

Lisa

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    LRBooks61
    Ultimate Cover User

Hi

Can I suggest that you process both the payment of your invoice and the customers payment as normal but allocate the payment to undeposited funds.

Then prepare the deposit from undeposited funds to the bank picking up both transactions which should then match the remittance.

Hope this helps

Lisa

Samantha1
      Contributing User

Hi Lisa,

Thank you for your reply, i have applied this method and everything is back to normal :)