Forum Discussion

2 months ago

Record Invoice results in Communications Error

In the AR desktop app, I am able to log in and click 'Invoice' from an open quotation.  It goes from pink to blue as expected, but when I try to 'Record', 'Print' or 'Send' the invoice, I get a communications error (screenshot attached). 

In the browser version, something similar happens when I go to 'Save' the invoice.  An error message 'Something went wrong' (screenshot attached) is thrown and it won't save.

I have already tried all of the troubleshooting recommendations in your "Error: Connection error" help article, but it hasn't solved the issue.  I have also confirmed others in my organisation are experiencing the same issue.  We work at different sites as well with different communications networks, so it isn't anything on our side that I can see. 

I note others have had similar issues in the past, but I cannot find any actual fix actions in the threads (pretty unhelpful).  I've lost a day to this error and now working on the weekend to manually invoice our customers which will cause all sorts of issues when we inevitably get audited.  We've only been with MYOB for a few months, but it's been a VERY bumpy ride so far which is extremely disappointing for what we pay.  Can advice please be provided to resolve asap?

4 Replies

• This is still an issue for us.  I deleted the original quotation, created a new one to see if it might have been corrupted, still no luck.  I've also completely uninstalled the AR desktop app and re-downloaded and installed.  Again, not successful.  I need help with this, as it's bringing our business to a halt at the moment.

Hannah_V
      MYOB Moderator

Hi, jdjordan. Thank you for your post and Welcome in the Community Forum. 

We've reviewed your account from our end and successfully resolved the issue with your file. You should no longer encounter any errors. Could you please attempt to sign out both in AccountRight and on the web, and then sign in again? Please keep me updated on your progress.

Best regards,

Hannah

jdjordan
        User

Thanks, Hannah, I appreciate your help.  For future reference is there a fix action that a user can take, or is it something that has to be done by MYOB support?  Also, can you advise what the root cause was so I can make notes for our business internal support?