Forum Discussion

AinsleyCMP
Experienced User
4 years ago
Solved

Reverse EP and delete invoices

Hi Tracey_H    I need to correct an aged error.  I have accidently paid a series of duplicated supplier invoices, and need to delete the invoices and reverse the payment.  But, as it was paid withi...
    4 years ago

AinsleyCMP 

Hey Ainsley

The reason you can't delete that invoice is because the payment was reversed not deleted. Reversing creates a new opposite transaction without removing the original so the payment is still applied. And you could only reverse the payment because the EP transaction wasn't deleted first. 

Usually when you pay a supplier invoice twice you would record both payments against the one invoice in Pay Bills. This automatically creates a supplier debit which you can apply to an open invoice or receive a refund, depending on what the supplier issues. One way to deal with this would be to delete all transactions, so the EP, the reversal of the payment, the supplier payment and the duplicate invoice. 

Then follow the steps in these help articles to process that double payment:

Supplier overpayments and double payments 

Settling supplier debits

You will then need to re-record the electronic payment and re-reconcile those amounts.

Please let me know how you go with this.