Forum Discussion

2 months ago
Solved

Reverse Payment greyed out - what other options can I do please?

I need to reverse a payment to a sales invoice (have done this many times) but it is greyed out this time.

The period is unlocked

The bank rec has been unreconciled for the period

I have put the payment back into the Bank Feed when I remove the link for payment and then refresh the page the link for payment is still there.

Reverse payment option is still greyed out.  Please help.  I feel it is a MYOB bug for this sales invoice payment.

• Hi RobynD1

Thank you for your post. Typically, the option to reverse a transaction may be unavailable if the user ID employed for the task lacks the necessary permissions. It's possible that these permissions have been modified. I suggest verifying the user role associated with reversing transactions.

For a more comprehensive understanding of how the application manages transaction reversals, you might find the article 'Reversing a transaction' helpful. This article provides detailed steps on how to reverse a bill, including allocating a receipt, reversing the bill, and allocating the original bill against the reversal bill.

If you need further assistance, please feel free to create a new thread.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Thanks,
    Genreve

1 Reply

Genreve_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi RobynD1

Thank you for your post. Typically, the option to reverse a transaction may be unavailable if the user ID employed for the task lacks the necessary permissions. It's possible that these permissions have been modified. I suggest verifying the user role associated with reversing transactions.

For a more comprehensive understanding of how the application manages transaction reversals, you might find the article 'Reversing a transaction' helpful. This article provides detailed steps on how to reverse a bill, including allocating a receipt, reversing the bill, and allocating the original bill against the reversal bill.

If you need further assistance, please feel free to create a new thread.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Thanks,
    Genreve