Forum Discussion

mumow
Experienced Cover User
4 years ago
Solved

Sales customer deposit non-refundable

We are not sure how this happened, BUT a payment was allocated to an order, when it was converted to an invoice (as is the normal process on a daily basis) a payment was transferred from the "Customer Deposit" liability account and the payment now sits in our UNdeposited funds. There was NO payment made as all our Meals on Wheels payments are bulk Direct Debit transactions, but the amount cannot be deleted. When we tried the suggested "fix" the amount was still in undeposited funds.

Please help - I am time poor and can't work our the best fix :(

• Hi mumow 

Once you have recorded the reversal follow these steps:

1. go to Sales Register>>Returns & Credits
    2. highlight the reversal and click on Apply to Sale
    3. apply the total amount of the original invoice, in my example the original order was for $777.77 with a payment of $77.77 applied, leaving a balance owing of $700.00

4. this will automatically record a credit for the deposit amount
    5. in the Returns & Credit tab highlight that credit
    6. click on Pay Refund

7. in the Settle Returns & Credits window change the Account to the Undeposited funds account

8. go to Prepare Bank Deposit
    9. you'll now have a credit and a debit transaction for the same amount, tick them both to give a Total Deposit Amount of $0.00

10. click Record to clear the Undeposited funds account.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi mumow 

Thanks for your post. Once an order has been converted to an invoice you can't just delete the customer deposit. What you need to do is reverse the invoice first, then recreate the order. This help article has step-by-step instructions to guide you through the process: Customer deposits

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

mumow
      Experienced Cover User

We have already gone through this exercise from the on line MYOB advice BUT - and it is an absolute mystery how, but there is a payment against the order which should not and was not made and was not realised until it was converted to an invoice and our rec did not balance. Therefore reversing the invoice and creating another for the payment is the step which does not help. if we reverse the invoice, we still have an outstanding amount in "undeposited funds" which we can not delete as it is attached to the order/invoice. 

Your help would be appreciated. It just doesn't seem to work from the "fix it" suggested.

Tracey_H
        Former Staff

Hi mumow 

Once you have recorded the reversal follow these steps:

1. go to Sales Register>>Returns & Credits
        2. highlight the reversal and click on Apply to Sale
        3. apply the total amount of the original invoice, in my example the original order was for $777.77 with a payment of $77.77 applied, leaving a balance owing of $700.00

4. this will automatically record a credit for the deposit amount
        5. in the Returns & Credit tab highlight that credit
        6. click on Pay Refund

7. in the Settle Returns & Credits window change the Account to the Undeposited funds account

8. go to Prepare Bank Deposit
        9. you'll now have a credit and a debit transaction for the same amount, tick them both to give a Total Deposit Amount of $0.00

10. click Record to clear the Undeposited funds account.