Forum Discussion

atholpk
Experienced Cover User
2 years ago
Solved

Transfer from deposits MYOB did the duplicate entry, how to fix

Hi All,

Just found this strange issue:

MYOB did 'transfer from deposit' entry twice as per below screenshot, causing that a credit for this supplier?

How can we solve the issue?

I ran payable summary reconciliation, the out of balance is zero.

If I post a journal,

DR 1-6402 $1,223.30

CR  2-1301 $1,223.30

Then the payable summary reconciliation will be out of balance for $1,223.30.

I am thinking about create a purchase for $1,223.30 and entre ac # 1-6402 and then apply the $1,223.30 credit to close this newly created purchase - this will work, but how did this happen?

These two journals were automatically created by myob, is this a bug and affect other purchases?

• Hi atholpk 

Apologies for the delay in reply. It does look incorrect with the additional lines. However as these extra lines were part of a Purchase Order being converted to a Bill, it may not be possible to simply delete them.

For me to investigate further, are you able to send the product Serial Number, Company File Name and forward a screenshot by Private Message?

Resolved via PM and sent for repair - 24/8

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

7 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    atholpk
    Experienced Cover User

hi Steven_M , do you have time to look at my post publised 2 weeks ago? Cheers.

SamaraM
    Former Staff

Hi atholpk 

Apologies for the delay in reply. It does look incorrect with the additional lines. However as these extra lines were part of a Purchase Order being converted to a Bill, it may not be possible to simply delete them.

For me to investigate further, are you able to send the product Serial Number, Company File Name and forward a screenshot by Private Message?

Resolved via PM and sent for repair - 24/8

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

atholpk
      Experienced Cover User

SamaraM 

I tried private message, it looks like the private message function to you is not working , there is no option for me to PM you,

are you able to PM me, then I can reply to you?

atholpk
      Experienced Cover User

yes, the extra line is system generated transaction, i can not delete - greyed out.

SamaraM