Forum Discussion

MichelleBerndt
Experienced Cover User
4 years ago
Solved

associating an account to a bank feed

Hi I can't get a Long Term Liability and an "Other Liablity " to associate with a bank feed.   I have my credit card liability associated no worries but can't get the other accounts to show in the drop down box to link it to my new long term loans.    Does a liability account have to be credit card type to link?  

Many thanks Michelle. 

• Hi MichelleBerndt 

Bank feeds can only be associated to “Bank Account” and “Credit Card” type of accounts. Other types of accounts cannot be associated with bank feed accounts.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Neil_M
    Former Staff

Hi MichelleBerndt 

Bank feeds can only be associated to “Bank Account” and “Credit Card” type of accounts. Other types of accounts cannot be associated with bank feed accounts.

MichelleBerndt
      Experienced Cover User

Thanks Neil - that makes sense.  I guess there is no reason why I can't change my loan to be a credit card type? really is there. 

Neil_M
        Former Staff

Hi MichelleBerndt 

From a functionality perspective, the type of account assigned to an account determines its availability in certain windows and where the account displays in certain reports.

Credit card type of accounts are treated by the system as transactional so if an account was set as a credit card type it will appear in windows like the spend and receive money windows and could be selected as a result.

Outside of that you may want to have a discussion with your accountant over whether they have any issues with you changing the classification type of the account