Forum Discussion

BrentN
User
29 days ago
Solved

Error trying to match multiple bills to one bank transaction

Hi I have one bank transaction that needs to match multiple bill payments. When i try this (this has worked for me many time before) from the Bank Transactions page i get this error   "A rounding ...
    Shella_A
    27 days ago

Hi BrentN,

I get that matching multiple bills to a single bank transaction can be a bit of a chore. I truly appreciate your patience with this. The system doesn't automatically split a single bank transaction across multiple bills. 

Here's a simpler way to do it:

• When the bank transaction shows up in your feed, click on it to see the transaction details.
    • In the transaction details, you'll see a list of open bills that match the bank transaction amount.
    • You can then divide the payment among these bills by entering the amount you want to assign to each bill. You'll have to do this for each bank transaction that needs to be split among multiple bills.

As for figuring out which bill might be causing the issue with decimal places, it might be a bit tricky. The system doesn't automatically spot these differences. You might need to manually go through your bills and check the amounts to see if there are any that aren't using two decimal places.

Let me know if you require further help.

Otherwise, if my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this. 

Kind regards,

Shella