Forum Discussion

Judy9
Contributing User
6 months ago

Business Lite Full Inventory Reporting - Item Transactions report missing

I'm a bookkeeper and client recently subscribed to Business Lite with an additional subscription for full Inventory including full Inventory Reporting. However, reporting seems limited. Previously, in the desktop Account Right Standard version (as client has no payroll but buys and sell second hand items) I was able to look up Item Transactions on stock items to see its full history (and in order to claim input tax credits on second hand purchases sold in the quarter that were bought from individuals with no ABN). There is no Item Register reporting facility however so it's impossible to look up the history of the Item (including purchases). So, what exactly is he paying for as the separate subscription (which has been confirmed) seems very light on in the Inventory Reporting? How do I get an Item Register or look up Item Transactions to see their history?

11 Replies

• Hi Judy9,

Thank you for your post, and welcome to the community forum.

If you're looking for the Item register report, this can be found in Reporting >> Inventory reports. For further information, kindly refer to this Help article, Inventory Reports. However, if you're seeking additional reports beyond what's currently available, I'd encourage you to share your specific needs and suggestions on our Product Ideas Board. 

Please let me know if you require further assistance with this. I'm here to help.

Cheers,

Princess

Judy9
      Contributing User

As I said in my original post, there is no way to access this under Business Lite with the additional paid subscription of $22/month for Inventory, which according to MYOB sales was supposed to give not just unlimited inventory items but full inventory reporting. I'm telling you - the Item Transaction report is completely missing. There is NO way of searching up the history of an Item purchase. There are only four reports available under Reporting - Inventory and transaction / item register is not one of them. The four reports are basic and there is no way to search the history of an item transaction, except under Sales Reports. Nothing under Purchases Reports - the only link I find is to the list of Items, which gives me nothing. I have sent an email to MYOB with a full complaint about this and have yet to receive a reply, because my client was sold a product that was promised full inventory reporting which does not exist. The four reports are: Reorder; Stock on Hand; Item Sales Analysis & Inventory Value Reconciliation. I'm hoping MYOB can escalate this because I don't think MYOB Sales are selling the correct product. And Yes, I went through the process and Business Inventory is Active under the subscription and my client is being charged $22/month for a product that is useless without being able to look at his Item history and who he bought from, when, where. Looking up through the Purchases transactions is useless because it brings up all the other Purchases and to try and trace the Item would need to open up every single document or search through paper files. 

Princess_R
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Judy9,

Thank you for your response. I'm deeply sorry for the misinformation I've provided and for the inconvenience this issue has caused you. You're correct that the specific reports you're looking for are not available in the MYOB Business Lite subscription, despite being promised by our team. I completely understand your disappointments regarding the promised full inventory reports and their actual functionality. Your client deserves accurate and comprehensive reporting tools, especially regarding inventory history and transactions, which are crucial for effective business management. I ensure to consult this internally with the relevant team to address the discrepancy between the product offering and the features provided. Additionally, I'll do my best to expedite a response to your email correspondence to ensure that your concerns are addressed promptly and thoroughly.

Please give me some time to discuss this with the relevant team, and I'll keep you posted once I receive an update about this matter. Your patience and understanding are highly appreciated!

Cheers,

Princess