Forum Discussion

Reasty
User
6 months ago
Solved

Updating item to a different income account

Hi,

I have a item that i have created and now 3 months down the track i have reasised i should have put a different Income Account on this items to seperate it. Is there a way to update the items and update all previous items to this or do i need to do each transaction individually?

Thanks 

• Hi Reasty

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum.

Future bills will be impacted by updating the item's income account, the account utilized in the previously recorded transaction remains unchanged. It is not possible to simply alter the income account used in previously recorded transactions, instead, you must drill down into each transaction, make changes to the selected account, or remove and reenter the transaction line before saving it. 

Therefore, instead of updating all the past sales individually, it would be better to record journal entries to transfer the applicable value from the original income account to the newly created one. You can use reports to work out the total value to be transferred. 

I hope this helps. If you need further assistance with this or if you have questions and concerns, please feel free to post again. We are happy to help. 

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Kind Regards, 

Cel

4 Replies

Celia_B
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Reasty

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum.

Future bills will be impacted by updating the item's income account, the account utilized in the previously recorded transaction remains unchanged. It is not possible to simply alter the income account used in previously recorded transactions, instead, you must drill down into each transaction, make changes to the selected account, or remove and reenter the transaction line before saving it. 

Therefore, instead of updating all the past sales individually, it would be better to record journal entries to transfer the applicable value from the original income account to the newly created one. You can use reports to work out the total value to be transferred. 

I hope this helps. If you need further assistance with this or if you have questions and concerns, please feel free to post again. We are happy to help. 

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Kind Regards, 

Cel

Celia_B
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Reasty,

Thank you so much for the update. You are always welcome, and it is my pleasure to assist you. Please be informed that we will be closing the thread now. If you still need assistance in the future, or if you have questions or concerns, do not hesitate to create a new post. 

Thanks, 

Cel

Celia_B
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Reasty,

We hope this message finds you well. We just want to check back with you regarding your concern. If you still need assistance, or if you have questions or concerns, please feel free to create a new post. We are happy to assist. 

Kind Regards, 

Cel