Forum Discussion

12 days ago
Solved

Export report to excel and open not save

MYOB business forces me to save a report exported to excel rather than opening it directly in excel.  I don't want to save every report in excel but export them to work with the data and combine data files.  How can I cange this?

• Hi Patrice1,

Thank you for reaching out. 

I completely understand your desire to optimize your workflow and work efficiently with the data. In MYOB Business, there isn't currently an option or setting that enables you to open exported reports in Excel directly without first saving them. This is the standard export process within MYOB.

A potential workaround is to create a designated folder on your computer where you can temporarily save these exported reports. After completing your data work and combining files, you can then remove these temporary files to maintain organization in your workspace.

Additionally, I encourage you to share this as a feature request on the MYOB Business Idea Exchange for our developers to consider.

Feel free to post anytime you need further assistance.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess

1 Reply

Princess_R
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Patrice1,

Thank you for reaching out. 

I completely understand your desire to optimize your workflow and work efficiently with the data. In MYOB Business, there isn't currently an option or setting that enables you to open exported reports in Excel directly without first saving them. This is the standard export process within MYOB.

A potential workaround is to create a designated folder on your computer where you can temporarily save these exported reports. After completing your data work and combining files, you can then remove these temporary files to maintain organization in your workspace.

Additionally, I encourage you to share this as a feature request on the MYOB Business Idea Exchange for our developers to consider.

Feel free to post anytime you need further assistance.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess